To improve the health and wellness of others through the joy of running!
What We Do:
Kopf Running is an endurance training company in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago that provides customized training programs, group and virtual trainings, and race support. We pride ourselves on our comprehensive, convenient, and well-rounded approach to helping others achieve their fitness goals. Kopf Running's coaches are certified and have helped hundreds of runners to safely & enjoyably cross the finish line of road races varying from 5K’s to full marathons.
Through our You CAN Run Training Programs, Kopf Running helps both beginners and experienced runners train and complete races of varying distances while focusing on improving efficiency, technique and form, and speed and endurance. Group training locations include Chicago (for Chicago Marathon only), Busse Woods (for Chicago Marathon only), and Lake in the Hills (year-round weekly drop-in trainings, Chicago Marathon training, and all race distance training). Virtual training programs are available for those runners unable to participate in group trainings and are offered to runners nationwide.
Kopf Running also provides support and training to local and national charities through our Marathon Charity Program Coordination. The Kopf Racing Series is a group of several races around Chicagoland with Seth Kopf, owner of Kopf Running, as the race director or race consultant. In 2013, Kopf Running is scheduled to be involved in 6 races, to be announced shortly.
Meet the Team
Seth Kopf - Running Coach & Founder
- Running Coach, Founder, and Owner of Kopf Running
- Road Runners Club of America Certified Coach
- USATF Level 1 Certified Coach
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certified
- Seth has coached hundreds of runners to cross the finish line of various distance races.
- He specializes in coaching the beginner runner.
- He individualizes all programs based on the runner's age, experience, and recent fitness level.
- Seth also coordinates several charity programs for the Chicago Marathon, the New York City Marathon, and other shorter races around the country and develops the training programs for those runners as the official team coach.
- Through the Kopf Racing Series, Seth has served as the race director and race consultant on many races in the Chicago area.
- Seth has run in numerous marathons, half marathons, and races of shorter distances.
- Fun Facts: Seth was a record-breaking, All-American, hall of fame inducted collegiate football player before finding running with a little help from his wife, Karen. He is the proud father of Isabella, born September 2012.
Karen Kopf - Running Coach
- Running Coach
- USATF Level 1 Certified Coach
- CPR/AED Certified
- Karen specializes in coaching the beginner runner and in postpartum running.
- She creates individualized training programs based on age and experience.
- Karen loves introducing people to the great sport of running!
- Through the Kopf Racing Series, Karen serves as the race director and race consultant on several races in the Chicago area.
- Fun Facts: Karen was a full scholarship Division I collegiate tennis player. She has been a tennis instructor for 13 years, and found running later in life. She has since completed 7 marathons, 16 half marathons, and numerous races of shorter distances. In a former life, she was a lawyer, but wouldn't trade her new job as a running coach and stay at home mom to Isabella for anything!
Tom Jordan - Team Member & Nutritional Consultant
- Partner and Nutritional Consultant to Kopf Runners
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition & Dietetics from Dominican University; Master's Degree in Human Nutrition from Northern Illinois University
- Certifications: Commission on Dietetics Registration, 2007; Illinois Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist; Certified Personal Trainer (ACE)
- As a Registered Dietitian, Tom serves as Wellness Director at First Health Associates Family Medical Center in Arlington Heights, IL, where he manages the medical weight loss and fitness programs and provides Medical Nutrition Therapy. He is also an Adjunct Nutrition Professor at Benedictine University in Lisle, IL.
- Tom has completed 12 marathons and will be running the 117th Boston Marathon in April.
- Personal Bests: Marathon 2:52:09; 10k 37:00; 5k 17:42
- With a background in Nutrition Counseling, Sports Performance Research, and Fitness Training, Tom has brought a professional and dynamic resource to our team. He serves as a regular partner and advisor to our programs and is a resource to our current and prospective runners. Please feel free to email Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any nutrition questions or would like to invite him to speak at a corporate or club event.
- Fun Facts: Tom is very active in the running community and has spoken to several running clubs about pre/post run nutrition, has completed research in the area of dietary supplementation and running performance, and also owns a race timing business (www.J3timing.com). He truly believes and practices what he preaches and is a good model for what effective training and good nutrition can have on performance, injury prevention, and health.
Eight years ago, Karen was inspired by her sister-in-law, Jen, while watching her at the 2004 Chicago Marathon. The following year, Karen ran in the Chicago Half Marathon & Chicago Marathon, her first two races of any distance, & she has been hooked on running ever since! In 2006, Seth watched Karen run in the Chicago Marathon & said he wanted to do the marathon with her the following year. The rest is history!
Established in 2011, Kopf Running was founded by Seth Kopf, experienced marathoner and certified running coach. Seth and Karen have completed numerous marathons and races of all distances and decided to start the company after helping many of their family and friends cross the finish line of endurance events. They are eager to share their knowledge with you & to help you get healthier & accomplish your goals! Please contact them at email@example.com for more information or to join one of their training programs.